Grocery store fire engulfs property worth Rs 500,000

Parbat, Oct 23: A fire which broke out at Khurkot of Kushma Municipality – 5 on Saturday evening has caused damages estimated at Rs 500,000.

The fire started from a grocery store belonging to local resident, Shiva Prasad Poudel, and destroyed goods, commodities, the house and Rs 17,000 in cash, District Police Office (DPO), Parbat said.

An electrical short circuit is being blamed for the fire, which was later taken under control by the locals and a police team deputed from the DPO.

700 receive treatment at remote village health camp

Meanwhile, a one-day free health camp held at Baacha VDC located at the southernmost tip of Parbat on Saturday provided treatment to 700 patients.

The camp organized by Parbat Service Society and Rotary Club of Parbat provided cost-free services to 700 locals from three districts.

Villagers from Baacha, Pangarang, Kurga, Bhoksing, Barachar, Lamithana and Ranipani, Baglung’s Chisti, Jaidi, Binamare, Gulmi’s Khadgakot among other VDCs received treatment. The health camp provided treatment and medicines for women’s diseases, abdominal, chest, heart, nerve diseases, mental disorders and joint pain.

A team of specialist doctors from Gandaki Medical College and Manipal Teaching Hospital, Pokhara treated the patients. RSS

तपाईको प्रतिक्रिया

सम्बन्धित समाचार